Tuesday, August 11, 2009

My only shots of Japan

Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Hello everyone! I had a pleasant flight from Manila to the US. In the beginning it wasn't very good though because I had not even left the airport when I spilled liquid foundation all over my shirt. Business class was superb, on the other hand; I got offered champagne the moment I stepped in the cabin, and for the next four hours had no one sitting next to me.

This is a part of Japan from the air. I realize how even in areas near Tokyo, rice paddies abound. I wasn't able to take a lot of shots at the Narita airport. I wanted to buy a new shirt but there were no souvenir shops that carried any cheap ones. Most other stores are boutique shops and I couldn't risk spending a lot this early in my journey. I ended up exchanging $3 to place a phone call to an Aunt in Fujiwara.

Most Japanese men I saw at the airport looked gay. Or maybe it was just because many sport boy band member-ish hair. The airport personnel looked cute in their uniforms though! Neat and looking straight out of animes. Some men even look like Hiro Nakamura. Cuuute. Sorry for posting a photo of a toilet seat. I just found the controls on the left funny. Flushing sound? Haha. Now that's cute.


My flight was mostly okay from Japan to Minneapolis-St. Paul, except for a few bumps while crossing the Pacific. A storm had just left the US and was going that way. I sat next to a really amazing person (who, by the way, wasn't too much into long flights), a Chinese-American guy named Cheng. He is well-traveled and had a lot to say about the US, and the world, and even complimented my English as being better than his. I got to watch a lot of movies too--including Watchmen, but I was too disappointed to even finish it. Maybe telling it from Rorshach's point of view alone would've been better.

Will blog more in the days to come! Cheers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
The Brainwashing Machine ◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates